[Histonet] Physician Signatures

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:55:40 CST 2010

I previously did not go into to deep detail about security and compliance, but in our system all computer portals are password protected, orders are signed with electronic signature of the ordering person and when a hard copy paper form is printed, the ordering physician's electronic signature is applied. It is the same type of process and signature that is used by the pathologist to electronically sign off all pathology reports. I absolutely agree that you must control access to ordering and maintain integrity in the system. As you work through your process to develop a more electronic system, you will have the opportunity to build in and require proper controls. With those controls implemented, you can then become confident that the electronic process can and will meet your regulatory requirements.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)