[Histonet] Cap guidelines

Bryan Watson Bryan.Watson <@t> parkview.com
Fri Dec 17 11:43:13 CST 2010

Hey, I have a question. I was wondering if there are what the CAP regulations are for grossing, and if cutting bones for diagnosis falls into the same category as grossing other tissues. In out lab we have a PA who grosses all of the specimens. However the HT's cut down bone sections for bones that have avascular necrosis, fracture, etc. . . as the pre surgical diagnosis. I am trying to find out if this practice would be ok in the eyes of CAP or if the PA should be doing that as well.
Thank you,
Bryan
HT (ASCP)