[Histonet] RE: Cassette/slide labelers - again

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Fri Dec 17 11:39:28 CST 2010

Do you find that the number of errors has decreased since you have implemented this? Our pathologists are hesitant because they worry too many pre-printed cassettes could get mixed up.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Weems,
Joyce
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 12:36 PM
To: Nancy Schmitt; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Cassette/slide labelers - again

We have GE Ultra - formerly Triple G.

Cassettes are printed on our Sakura printer at accessioning (number is attached to the specimen) and more printed at grossing if needed.

We use multiple colors of cassettes - the color is tied to the specimen of can be changed for decal.

Slides are printed on our Sakura slide printer in batch by case type. Charged slides on in one hopper and printing is directed there for the necessary printing through the soft ware.

It was painful getting the interface done, but once it was, it has been a good thing.

Good luck, j

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital