[Histonet] Physician Signatures

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:46:36 CST 2010

I work in an integrated health system that has 9 Hospitals and 100's of outreach clients. All our hospitals are using Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) for all tests ordered and our outreach clients use Electronic Order Entry via interface to their system or our web based system or they have client specific paper requisitions that have always required physician signature. We will be able to continue business as usual moving forward in 2011. The federal government specifically and definitely wants everyone to use electronic ordering and reporting processes so that we can move forward to the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and reduce repeats and waste in laboratory tests.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)