[Histonet] clearium

kimberly muska muskakim <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 06:36:09 CST 2010

excuse me, I will still need xylen for the beginning of my staining process but my questions about cost and quality still apply

--- On Mon, 12/6/10, kimberly muska <muskakim <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: kimberly muska <muskakim <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] clearium
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, December 6, 2010, 7:53 PM

            Does anyone have any experience with the Surgipath product “Clearium”? It is a mounting medium that clears and coverslips in “one easy step” eliminating the need for xylene or xylene substitutes following staining. Does it decrease the shelf life of the slides? Is it very expensive? In my lab we use a microwave processor so if I used this product I would have no need for Xylene or substitutes at all.
Thanks, Kim Ruth HT(ASCP)