[Histonet] Plastic discoloration

Herrick, James L. (Jim) Herrick.James <@t> mayo.edu
Mon Dec 6 09:36:57 CST 2010

Good morning everyone,

I just have a quick question in regards to GMA turning white following
embedding. Does anyone have any experience on why our plastic is losing
its clarity and turning a whitish color? This doesn't seem to have any
impact on staining but it would be nice to know the reason. Our
polymerization is carried out in a vacuum chamber (nitrogen is used) and
BPO is used as the initiator and JB4 as the accelerator. If any on you
have any answers, your help would be greatly appreciated.
Have a great day!!
Jim