[Histonet] Question about acid phosphatase staining on FFPE and control tissue

Thurby, Christina christina.thurby <@t> bms.com
Thu Dec 2 12:38:23 CST 2010

Hi,
We are going to try acid phosphatase staining on FFPE cardiac tissue (I have a couple of papers where this has been performed with success).  My question for any of you with expertise in this area is what type of tissue should I use as a Method Development control?  Would there be acid phosphatase activity in virtually any normal muscle tissue (ie the epitheloid cell lineage) or possibly just choose prostate?  Just curious if any of you out there may have a good suggestion for the control tissue.
Thanks,
Kristie

Christina Thurby
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Research Scientist I
812-307-2093 (tie 625)

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.