[Histonet] RE: Special Stain Automation

Nails, Felton flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org
Wed Dec 1 10:06:26 CST 2010

The problem with the Nexus is that you can not do silver and AFB on the same run.
We use the Dako artisan with very consistent results and it is very easy to use.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Barbara Richmond
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 9:56 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Special Stain Automation

We are in the market for a new stainer to do special stains.  We currently are using the Nexus and have been unhappy with it, particularly with the silver stains for which we do a lot of.  I'm wondering what techs out there recommend for us to check into.

Avera is a health ministry rooted in the Gospel. Our mission is to make a positive impact in the lives and health of persons and communities by providing quality services guided by Christian values. Avera is sponsored by the Benedictine and Presentation Sisters.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.