[Histonet] delaying Hematoxylin & Eosin staining?

Teresa Iglesias tliglesias <@t> ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 31 19:38:32 CDT 2010

I'm a guest in a lab with very little freezer/fridge space so I'm wondering
if I can mount fixed-frozen testes tissue onto slides, and once dry, store
in a slide box at room temperature for a few weeks until all my slides are
ready for staining.
Tissues are fixed in 10% formalin then sunk in 20% sucrose. I'll embed in
OCT (optimal cutting temperature compound) before cryosectioning. I will
mount them after a rinse in PBS (phosphate buffered solution).
I worry about the tissues over drying since they are not embedded in
paraffin. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
--
Teresa Iglesias
Graduate Group in Animal Behavior