[Histonet] Warthin-Starry Stain

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Tue Aug 31 13:21:40 CDT 2010

We use the modified Steiner - the kit from Sigma,to be precise.
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Northwestern University
Pathology Core Facility
ECOGPCO-RL
710 N Fairbanks Court
Olson 8-421
Chicago,IL 60611
312-503-3723

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:55 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Chakib Boussahmain
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Warthin-Starry Stain

Because of intrinsic difficulties and no special advantages, I switched many
years ago to the Modified-Steiner method, a much simpler and consistent
technique. If you don't have some pathologist unreasonably unwilling to
accept anything but WS, switch also. I think it is better to have always
good results, instead of struggling with a technique that eventually will
delay the slides to be presented to the pathologist.
René J.