[Histonet] Productivity Measurement

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 09:23:12 CDT 2010

As you wrote it depends on the type of specimen, and institution as well. Under separate cover I am sending something about staffing in histology.
René J.

--- On Mon, 8/23/10, Knutson, Deanne <DKnutson <@t> primecare.org> wrote:

From: Knutson, Deanne <DKnutson <@t> primecare.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Productivity Measurement
To: "'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Monday, August 23, 2010, 10:03 AM

Hello Fellow Histonetters,

I am curious if any of you have a measurement level that your institution uses to show PA's their productivity level?  I realize that much of it depends on the type of specimen and what is found in the specimen.  Biopsies can be grossed in at greater speed then the more complex cases.  Is there an established average productivity that a PA should be able to attain?  So many cases per hour?  Would be curious if any of you have some input to share on this subject.  Thanks for responding.

Deanne Knutson
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
(701)-530-6730
dknutson <@t> primecare.org<mailto:dknutson <@t> primecare.org>