[Histonet] cryostat

histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Sun Aug 22 11:11:01 CDT 2010

Jeff,

We have both the Leica CM1850 and the CM1850 UV. These are not top of the
line models, but they work very well for us.  You can find out more
information on the unit at the following URL:

http://www.leica-microsystems.com/products/histology-systems/sectioning/cryo
stats/details/product/leica-cm1850-uv/

Michelle

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jeffrey
Thompson
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 5:55 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] cryostat

Hello,

I am writing to ask about what the community views are on the best -or worst
- cryostats. We may have the opportunity to purchase one for the first time
in many years and we would like to get a good, solid, reliable model. We're
not really looking for one (and can't really afford one) with all the bells
and whistles, but would like to know what folks think about the ones to look
for as well as the ones to steer clear of.

All input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Thompson