[Histonet] Tissue-Tek VIP 2000-3000

Joseph Saby saby_joseph_a <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 16:45:21 CDT 2010

Mike-

Although Sakura is no longer making parts for the VIP 2000 units, there are
thousands still in use around the country.  Most companies that service these
units have been taking them in trade as people upgrade their equipment, then
using these units to provide parts for units in trouble along the way.  They are
very dependable (with regular water rinses and periodic PM).

Sakura does still makes parts for and service the VIP E300s, which is the step
up from the 2000.  If the price were right, and funds were low, I would buy
either. I have been using these units for many years.

Joe Saby, BA HT

________________________________
From: "Fimbres, Amber" <afimbres <@t> uci.edu>
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Fri, August 20, 2010 5:17:46 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Tissue-Tek VIP 2000-3000

Mike,

I know I'm a little late regarding your question about Sakura's VIP 2000/3000.
I'm not sure if you found your answer, but if you're talking about the VIP
processor that uses a magnet to program, change stations, etc. (and is reddish
orange in color and may even say 'Miles' on it instead of Sakura) you will want
to think twice before purchasing it.  These VIP K (series 1000, 2000, 3000) are
no longer serviced by Sakura nor are there many parts for them.  Sakura's
manufacturer for parts has stopped making replaceable parts for this particular
model (they are at least 20 or more years old).  You can go to Sakura's website
or call their technical support, they will confirm this too.

Take care,

Amber

individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.