[Histonet] FW: NEEDS URGENT HELP !!!

Jeter, Brent brent.jeter <@t> gwu-hospital.com
Tue Aug 17 15:01:47 CDT 2010

This is an internet scam attempt.  One of our staff received the same email, allegedly from her nephew.  Someone has apparently hacked into Jerry's email account and sent this to addresses in his contact list.

Brent Jeter
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
The George Washington University Hospital
202-715-5076 (phone)
202-715-4691 (fax)
brent.jeter <@t> gwu-hospital.com
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Valantou Grover [vgrover <@t> polysciences.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 3:53 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] FW: NEEDS URGENT HELP !!!

I am just curious, can someone check on Jerry to see if he is dead or alive,
or if someone stole his phone/laptop to get this message to me.  I remember
the email address from Florida Society for Histotechnology, I am wondering
if this is real or if someone is assuming his identity overseas, foul play,
etc.

Valantou Grover, Ph.D.

HT/HTL(ASCP), PA, MBA

Biosciences Product Line Manager

Polysciences, Inc.

400 Valley Road

Warrington, PA 18976

Fax: 1-800-343-3291

Phone number: 1-800-523-2575 X7418

Direct:1-215-488-7418

Cell phone: 1-215-409-8327

* Visit us at the 36th Annual National Society for Histotechnology
Convention - September 26-28, Seattle, WA - BOOTH 126-128

* Polysciences/Bangs Laboratories, Inc. will be hosting the 2010 Latex
Course in Orlando, FL at the Grand Floridian Resort from 10/3 - 10/5.
Please enquire at info <@t> bangslabs.com for additional details! Phone:
800-387-0672, 317-570-7020.

  _____