[Histonet] Microtome alignment

Sharon.Davis-Devine Sharon.Davis-Devine <@t> carle.com
Tue Aug 17 14:16:26 CDT 2010

We are having a continuing issue of too much tissue being cut off when facing off a block for recuts. We have tried a couple of different methods for aligning our microtomes without much success.  Does anyone out there have any advice on how to properly align them and what tool to use?  Also, how often do you perform this re-alignment?  The majority of our microtomes are older so more wear and tear and things move out of place more often. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sharon Davis-Devine, CT (ASCP)
Cytology-Histology  Supervisor
Carle Foundation Hospital
Laboratory and Pathology Services