[Histonet] Re: test animal vs. plant

Birgitta Stephenson bstephen <@t> fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 16 05:44:50 CDT 2010

Thanks Michael,

I have discovered that the neagtive Phloroglucinol result does not
eliminate plant as you pointed out. With the Phloroglucinol being light
sensitive I have been able to conter stain with the Toluidine Blue which
then stains non lignin plant tissue as well as lignin so works as a
further line of evidence. I have had to play with the dilutions as the
Toluidine Blue requires tap water to be added which I can not remove
easily without losing a lot of the residue lifted.
I have not looked at the fluoresing dyes but it is definately on the
agenda. Any more thoughts most welcome.

Thank you again.

Regards

Birgitta
Archaeology Microscopy Lab University of Queensland

--
  Birgitta Stephenson
  bstephen <@t> fastmail.fm

--