[Histonet] brain microvessel staining

Niloofar Rezvani Niloofar.Rezvani <@t> usuhs.mil
Tue Aug 10 13:16:37 CDT 2010

Hi,

I appreciate if someone can answer my question. I am going to stain rats' brain microvessels with ER(estrogen receptor) antibody. We know how we can isolate the vessels but this is the first time to stain them.
I have the microvessels in PBS 1X and do you know how I can fix them with paraformaldehyde and mount them on the gel-subbed slides? I did 2 ways: 1- mount the fresh microvessels on the slide and wait overnight to get dried and then fix them in 2% PFA for 30 min and after that washing steps and the rest of IHC protocol or 2- fix the vessels with 2% PFA in the tube for 30 min and then mount them on the slides and wait overnight to get dried.
Please advise me with any idea,
thanks so much,

Dr. Niloofar Rezvani,Ph.D,PharmD
Postdoctoral Fellow