[Histonet] RE: Microm HM 505 E Cryostat

Atoska Gentry gentras <@t> auburn.edu
Thu Aug 5 12:13:27 CDT 2010

hello, has anyone with this particular cryostat experienced frost build
up on the top interior area located above the microtome? I've also
noticed the temperature has for the past couple of weeks been reading ~
3 - 4 C colder than temperature setting. Thus far it seems to still be
sectioning just fine. I'm just curious to know if this is an indication
of a malfunction of some sort? I also need to mention that on  Monday
morning  I also observed quite a bit of water on the floor of the lab
where this instrument is housed  and it's source has yet to be
determined. Any pointers will be much appreciated.