[Histonet] Beetles Head sectioning

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 18:02:33 CDT 2010

Hi,
     It's always great to try this kind of stuff and see what we can do. But
when it comes down to really needing to get it done right and have it
looking REALLY good, there is no better place to send it than to Damien
Laudier. He is truly talented histologist, entomologist and artist. Take a
look at his website and you 'll see what I mean.
http://www.laudierhistology.com/

Have a great evening,
Amos

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:17:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jorge Luis Hurtado <jorgelhg <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Beetles Head sectioning
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Hi all:

Does anyone has the proper procedures to obtain cryostat and/or paraffin
sections of beetles head?. I have not been succesful at obtaining one. My
samples cut well but during collection from the cryotome it tends to curl so
tend to loose the brain tissue. Additionally, is there any place that I can
send
my beetles head samples to be sectioned? This is to do basic brain
measurements.
I would really appreciate all possible feedback and pointing me to the right
references if possible.

Thanks

Jorge L. Hurtado