[Histonet] Beetles Head sectioning

Jorge Luis Hurtado jorgelhg <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 14:17:48 CDT 2010

Hi all:

Does anyone has the proper procedures to obtain cryostat and/or paraffin
sections of beetles head?. I have not been succesful at obtaining one. My
samples cut well but during collection from the cryotome it tends to curl so I
tend to loose the brain tissue. Additionally, is there any place that I can send
my beetles head samples to be sectioned? This is to do basic brain measurements.
I would really appreciate all possible feedback and pointing me to the right
references if possible.

Thanks

Jorge L. Hurtado