[Histonet] FISH Validation

Akemi Allison akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 12:47:03 CDT 2010

Hello All in Histoland,

I am once again requesting your expertise in the Molecular FISH world of validation.  I am treading on unfamiliar territory here.

I am very familiar with validation for histology and IHC, but not FISH.  I was requested to gather information regarding how many cases are required to meet CAP requirements for FISH tests.  Our FISH tests are contracted out to someone who is using our facility to perform the tests.  They are going to bring on board several new FISH tests and we want to make sure everything is within the guidelines that CAP has set-up.

We will be inspected by CAP in the next few months, and we want to make sure we comply to their requirements.

Akemi Allison BS, HT (ASCP) HTL

Manager, Anatomical Pathology
Western Pathology Associates
Tele: 602.633.3800 X 306