[Histonet] Processing problem

Martin, Erin Erin.Martin <@t> ucsf.edu
Thu Apr 29 10:29:16 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,

We are having a problem with a processing artifact that looks like very pale staining in splotches just above the junction between the epidermis and dermis but not extending all the way to the skin surface, and not everywhere at the position.  One of the processors had a clog in a line a few weeks ago that was causing reagents to heavily carry over into each other so I am suspicious that this may be the same problem recurring but our pathologist thinks that the tissue is dessicated.  I have photomicrographs to share if anyone has any ideas...

Thank you in advance for your help!

Erin Martin, Histology Supervisor
UCSF Department of Dermatopathology
415-353-7248