[Histonet] MAILING BIOPSIES

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Thu Apr 29 09:26:15 CDT 2010

Sarah,
The IATA (International air transport association) has all the rules for
shipping and receiving. of biological substances (UN3373). We have to be
certified every year as we are a biorepository and ship and receive from all
over the world. We get blocks, slides serum, plasma, whole blood and
extracted DNA ,so we have to know what to do with it.
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Northwestern University
Pathology Core Facility
ECOGPCO-RL
710 N Fairbanks Court
Olson 8-421
Chicago,IL 60611
312-503-3723

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sara
Baldwin/mhhcc.org
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:19 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] MAILING BIOPSIES

   HISTONETTERS

   I  was  wondering  if  there  are  any  REGS out =here about mailing
   formalin  filled  biopsies thru UPS or FED EX other than =he special
   package  and  the  spill  pad.  Anyone  have any knowledge about the
subject?

   Thanks
   Pathology Supervisor
   Kathy Ba=dwin, SCT (ASCP)
   Memorial Hospital and Health&=bsp;Care Center
   [1]sbaldwin <@t> mhhcc.org
   Ph 812-482-0210, 482-0216, &nbs=;Fax 812-482-0232,
   Pager 812-481-0897

   <=R> Confidential information, Authorized use only.