[Histonet] ?New CAP guidelines affect CLIA '88

Barone, Carol cbarone <@t> NEMOURS.ORG
Tue Apr 27 10:20:31 CDT 2010

Histonetters familiar with CAP and CLIA compliance issue...I am
requesting a clarification:
Will the new CAP guidelines related to "processing" and "grossing"
affect CLIA regulations? I understand they will certainly affect CAP
labs....but do they impact CLIA labs as well? Is there any
grandfathering for experienced technicians who have been doing this for
years (I have 2 techs who "gross" muscle only... on tissue for enzyme
histochemistry -  prior to snap-freezing)......? How does this, if it
does, impact technicians recognized under CLIA as "individuals who
perform high complexity testing..." I know there will be  change for
CAP...will CLIA be following?