[Histonet] Re: [IHCRG] ER clone 1D5 or SP1 ?

Hadi Yaziji ancillarypath <@t> mac.com
Mon Apr 26 12:03:47 CDT 2010

Patsy and all of the wonderful technical colleagues,

The ER guidelines are already in print, and you can download the
article from the CAP website. Yes, you are correct about the upper
fixation limit for ER, which was adopted from our consensus conference
that included a number of experienced scientists (Yaziji H, et al.
Applied Immunohistochemistry Dec 2008).

Regarding HER2 guidelines, DO NOT CHANGE YOUR TECHNICAL STAFF SCHEDULE
YET. The panel is meeting now to deliberate on increasing the upper
limit of fixation for HER2 to 72 hours. We are pushing hard on this,
but 1/2 of the panel is made of medical oncologists who do not know
much about tissue fixation.

Once the changes are made, I promise to share the news with the groups
first thing if they don't get it through CAP publication.

Hadi

================================
Hadi Yaziji, M.D., Medical Director
Vitro Molecular Laboratories