[Histonet] Positive Controls - IHC

Burger, MC <14558580 <@t> sun.ac.za> 14558580 <@t> sun.ac.za
Fri Apr 23 06:52:12 CDT 2010

Good day,

I am desperately looking for positive controls for Immunohistochemistry testing. I am testing lung tissue for Adenovirus and RSV, but I need a positive control to be able to do this. Since it's not something easily obtained, I tried making cell blocks by using the pellet from a known positive cell culture, but this didn't work.

Is it possible to buy known positive blocks and if so, where can I do this? I am new in the field of histology, so I don't know enough to find this out!

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Marilize Burger

MScMedSc in Medical Virology