[Histonet] contamination

Moffatt, Loretta lmoffatt <@t> susquehannahealth.org
Thu Apr 22 11:09:12 CDT 2010

Has anyone had any issues with cross contamination during the embedding process.  What do other histology labs do to clean forceps during the embedding process?  What steps are taken during grossing to prevent specimen contamination?
 Loretta Moffatt, MT(ASCP),MHA
Laboratory Manager
777 Rural Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701
570-321-2326 (F)570-321-2489 lmoffatt <@t> susquehannahealth.org

When one door closes another opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments originate by electronic mail from Susquehanna Health System and their subsidiaries/affiliates ("SHS").  Both this document and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the addressee indicated above and may contain proprietary, privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use or disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please notify the sender by reply email, with a copy to ITSecurity <@t> susquehannahealth.org < mailto:ITSecurity <@t> susquehannahealth.org>, and then promptly delete the original and reply messages.  Thank you for your cooperation.