[Histonet] need tips for cross-sectioning of cortical bone

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:12:26 CDT 2010

Cutting bone is very hard, and I'm by no means an expert at it. Assuming the
blocks are properly fixed and decalcified, the best thing I've found is to
put the blocks at -20C for 5-10 mins to cool them, then right before you cut
them, rub a little ice water on the face of the block. That should help you
get some nice clean cuts. If the sections become hard to cut again, reapply
the ice water. If that stops working, back in the freezer they go.

Adam

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Connolly, Brett M <brett_connolly <@t> merck.com