[Histonet] ascp exam

Ingles Claire CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org
Wed Apr 21 20:23:25 CDT 2010

Are you kidding!?! I have an AA in Histotechnology and still didn't pass my (HTL) written on the first round. I did pass my slide review though, thank you very much. :)  I passed on the second try, which included 3 years of OJT and tons of studying after graduating school. (BTW, I also have a BS in Biology with a major in English) I think they have just made the test harder because they have gotten rid of the slide part of the test. And it sounds like the micrographs still suck. :p

Claire

Disclaimer:  Chill out people. I'm not crabby, I'm just drawn that way.

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Brandi Higgins
Sent: Wed 4/21/2010 6:18 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] ascp exam

Hello,

For those of you who are ASCP certified, either HT or HTL, did many of you
have to take the exam more than once?  I have not yet sat for the exam, but
I see the pass rate is low, and average score is usually just slightly above
the pass line.  I have read a lot of comments on some message boards saying
people don't even recognize the material in a lot of the questions, and how
the images of stains are of very poor quality.  I am just wondering if most
of the people who don't pass are people who think because they work in a lab
they will be able to pass the exam, and as a result they don't study for it
the first time.  Or, is it really that difficult and many people study hard
but still cannot pass it.  Any comments welcome!  Thanks!

Brandi Higgins