[Histonet] Alcian blue alizarin red double stain

Thomas, Nancy nto <@t> stowers.org
Tue Apr 20 12:49:02 CDT 2010

Our lab has a request for alcian blue/alizarin red staining on mouse kidney teratomas.  This will be done on FFPE slide mounted sections.  In the past, we have done skeletal staining using these stains which also involved all of the clearing steps using potassium hydroxide.    Has anyone done this stain (minus all of the clearing steps) on paraffin sections?  If so, could I get a copy of your protocol?
Thank you,
Nancy