[Histonet] Masson Trichome Staining: Can I use Fast Green?

cscampbe <@t> uci.edu cscampbe <@t> uci.edu
Thu Apr 8 17:41:34 CDT 2010

Hi Histonet,

I am currently using the protocol from Stainsfile for staining heart
tissue: http://stainsfile.info/StainsFile/stain/conektv/masson.htm

My lab had Fast Green readily available so I substituted it for Light
Green in Solution C. The slides have not been coming out well. I failed to
account for the difference in timing between FG and LG - running the slide
in FG for the full 10 minutes. Has anyone used FG in Masson's Trichrome?
If so, how long did it take to get the desired colors in the solution? Or,
is Fast Green a poor substitute for Light Green?

Thanks for your advice!
-Colin