[Histonet] 72644.18148.qm@web111105.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:18:46 CDT 2010

When I was 16 years-old I was grossing in the lab.  We had
very busy pathologists (busy reading slides) who thought it was okay to
train their courier (me at the time) to gross.  I had already been there
handing them bottles and closing cassette lids for several months.

When we had our first CLIA inspection, they had me intial and sign paperwork
saying that I had grossed so many cases of various specimen types under
patholgist supervision and had been grossing so long.  The problem was that
I was only a high school graduate at the time.  They then changed direction
and told the inspectors that the pathologists did all the grossing.

Just brings back memories.  Thought I'd share.

Mark Tarango