[SPAM-HC] - [Histonet] New CAP question - Email found in subject

Cazares, Ruth RCazares <@t> schosp.org
Fri Apr 2 13:14:21 CDT 2010

What I have done in my lab, is make up a control block of different tissues and run a vimentin stain with the new detection kit. Then I pull the slide from the previous lot number and compare the two, and document that they are the same.  I keep all the validation slides from both detection kits and antibodies in a big binder in plastic slide sheets by antibody name or detection kit (DAB or ALK PHOS)this way the previous lot slide will always be available for comparison. This is the best I could come up with since true parallel testing can not be done on the Ventana Benchmark, the system will not use 2 different dispensers of the same antibody.

If anybody has any better suggestions, I 'm sure there are a lot of us that would be interested :)

Ruth Cazares, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Department of Pathology
Swedish Covenant Hospital
5145 North California Ave
Chicago, IL 60625

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Stacy McLaughlin
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 12:42 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [SPAM-HC] - [Histonet] New CAP question - Email found in subject

ANP 22760:  Are new lots of antibody and detection system reagents tested in parallel with old lots?

Note: New lots of primary antibody and detection system reagents must be compared to the previous lot using an appropriate panel of control tissues.

How is everyone out there handling this?
What makes up a panel of control tissues?  We are currently doing this by staining a control slide and comparing the results to the previous lot.  Looking for guidance.
Thank you for your help!

Stacy