[Histonet] Pig tissue IHC detection

Reuel Cornelia Reuel.Cornelia <@t> tsrh.org
Thu Apr 1 10:38:15 CDT 2010

I just wanted to know if anybody who are working with Pig bone tissue fix in 10%NBF and decalcified in 14% EDTA, citrate buffer (dako) antigen retrieval  pH7.0 and ph 9.0 by steaming for 20 minutes, what is their IHC detection kit for mouse monoclonal and rabbit polyclonal antibodies. I am using a Powervision kit from Immunovision, now Leica and I have a lot of background staining even with my negative stain. Please help me remedy the background stain.Thank you.

Reuel Cornelia, BS MT, AMT
Cellular Pathology
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
2222 Welborn Street
Dallas, TX 75219
Tel: 214-559-7766
fax: 214-559-7768