[Histonet] Rhodanine Copper stain

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 07:52:33 CDT 2009

The procedure calls for thicker sections because usually the amounts of copper are small, very dispersed and are easily seen in thicker sections. On the other hand the Rhodamine copper stain is not very sensitive. I always used Timm's method which is much more sensitive.
René J.

--- On Thu, 9/24/09, Carrie Disbrow <disbrc <@t> shands.ufl.edu> wrote:

From: Carrie Disbrow <disbrc <@t> shands.ufl.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Rhodanine Copper stain
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 8:12 PM

Hello!
I wonder if anyone knows if copper pigments can be stained in 3 micron FFPE human liver core biopsies using a Rhodanine Copper staining method? The procedure suggests 6- 8 microns. Our small amount of  tissue core biopsies are cut at 3 microns and if possible we would not like to cut the block again.
Thanks for your input.
Thank you,
Carrie Disbrow, HT ASCP  (soon to be BS, HTL ASCP :-))