[Histonet] Large cassettes

Paula Pierce contact <@t> excaliburpathology.com
Tue Sep 22 11:50:34 CDT 2009

Hi,

I process large portions of tissue and eyes. There are no cassettes as large as 4"x4". Believe me I have been looking for 30 years. But, what I use are soap molds, plastic tubs, L-blocks, etc.

Paula

________________________________
From: Laurie Colbert <laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:59:40 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Large cassettes

My pathologist wants to sample a particular feature of a baby's brain
(autopsy), but the brain is too soft to cut and still maintain this
feature.  She wants to process a very large section of the brain, and
then cut it down after it has been processed and has some firmness to
it.  Does anyone know where I can get a large cassette - approximately
4" x 4" - as a sample?  I don't want to have to buy a large quantity,
because this is probably a one-time thing.  I'm not sure such a cassette
even exists, but it seems like I've seen one before.

Laurie Colbert

Huntington Hospital

Pasadena, CA