[Histonet] Permount question

Merced M Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Thu Sep 10 15:28:11 CDT 2009

I use it straight out of the bottle. My supervisor uses it straight. The
institution where I first learned to coverslip used it straight as well.
I'm pretty sure the UB Histology Lab here uses it straight as well...

Merced

--On Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:03 PM -0700 Leslie Chen
<lchen <@t> mednet.ucla.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
> Did anyone ever use Permount straight without cutting it with some
> solvent? Journal articles mention using Permount to coverslip, and the
> post-doc I work with thinks that it isn't diluted.
>
> I think maybe people just universally "know" that it should be diluted so
> it isn't mentioned in the Materials and Methods.  Any thoughts?
>
> Leslie

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
Cardiovascular Medicine
348 Biomedical Research Building
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214  USA
leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
716-829-6118 (Ph)
716-829-2665 (Fx)

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.