[Histonet] Richard Allan Xylene

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Sep 10 08:11:52 CDT 2009

None of these vendors manufacture xylene, they all distribute it and probably get theirs from the same petroleum distillery, so fear not about possible differences.
René J.

--- On Thu, 9/10/09, Tom & Cindy Baranowski <baranowski <@t> mindspring.com> wrote:

From: Tom & Cindy Baranowski <baranowski <@t> mindspring.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Richard Allan Xylene
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 5:23 AM

We've changed our primary vendor and I just received a shipment of Richard
Allan Xylene.  I've never used their brand of xylene before (used their
stains for years) we've always used the name brand from another major
scientific vendor.  Has anyone had any problems with the RA xylene?  We will
be using it for tissue processing and in our stain setup.
I appreciate any comments pro or con.
Cindy Baranowski
SJTRI Atlanta, GA