[Histonet] Ventana Slide Labels

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:37:24 CDT 2009

One of our IT guys heard about it at a conference, that someone had got the
Ventana system to print powerpath barcodes on the Ventana.  I think it was
someone out in Yuma, AZ name Chuy who first did this.

The IT guys knew that the interface was transferring the barcode
information, but not doing anything with it.  After trying for months to
talk with someone at Ventana who knew something about this, we finally found
him.  He then helped our IT dept get it working.

The barcode prints right below the normal Ventana barcode.  We no longer
have the patient name on the slide and concluded that the barcode itself can
serve as the second identifier of the specimen.

Mark Tarango HT(ASCP)QIHC