[Histonet] Re: Dragon speech recognition

Bell, Lynne Lynne.Bell <@t> cvmc.org
Tue Sep 8 13:04:46 CDT 2009

Our two pathologists have just started using the Dragon speech recognition - the medical version that our hospital had purchased for other physicians.  One of our pathologists, in trying out the software, read from a pathology textbook.  It never missed a word.

We have been using it for approximately three weeks now.  It has eliminated a full time position (she had just given her notice one month ago).  The other parts of the transcriptionist  position have been absorbed by three laboratory secretaries.  So far, the pathologists believe that using the Dragon software has decreased our turn around time.

Lynne Bell, HT (ASCP)
Central Vermont Medical Center
130 Fisher Road
Berlin, VT  05602