[Histonet] CD33 antibody

Justin Peters JPeters <@t> bostwicklaboratories.com
Tue Sep 8 07:31:16 CDT 2009

I am having some trouble getting good staining with the CD33 antibody
from Novocastra.  I am trying to stain FFPE bone marrow biopsies
decalcified in Formical for 1 hour prior to processing.  The staining is
very weak even at a 1:25 dilution using a pH 9.0 antigen retrieval
solution (recommended) in a pressure cooker.  Has anyone had any luck
with this antibody on bone marrow?  I have tried this protocol with the
blood clots sent with the bone marrow biopsies and it works just fine so
I am guessing that the decal is affecting the staining.  Any thoughts??

Justin Peters, HTL (ASCP)

IHC Supervisor

Bostwick Laboratories(tm)
For Absolute Confidence(r)