[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 70, Issue 3
Rebecca.Riesen <@t> nchmd.org
Thu Sep 3 10:44:02 CDT 2009
Judy, We have been using Dragon also for about the same length of time mentioned by Michael. All pathologists, cytotechs and PA's use it. It is a fantastic program if used properly and with the right attitude.
1) There are some words that it will always have problems with ie. Tan/ten/tin/ for example are difficult to distinguish between.
2) If in your mind it's not going to work - It won't! It knows :)
3) Creation of Macros, templates and commands make it a breeze.
4) Removing words from its dictionary. Words that you will never ever use can be very helpful when Dragon interprets words with something bizarre.
5) Or the opposite: train a command with a bizarre word ie. "BINGO" so that a command won't be performed in error by speaking a word that could be found in routine dictation.
6) Train it for phrases, rather than single words
As you can see there are a lot of little "tricks" that we would be happy to pass on that will make the transition less frustrating. Use other's experiences to expedite your process and I think you too will find it's awesome.
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 06:51:20 -0400
From: "Michael Mihalik" <mike <@t> pathview.com>
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Dragon dictating system
To: "'judy webb'" <webb3655 <@t> sbcglobal.net>, "'histonet'"
<histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Judy, my company and I have been experimenting with Dragon since version 4.
The current version is 10.
The bottom line summary is Yes, it will work if you
1. put a lot of time in it, or
2. use a lot of macros/shortcuts/items of that nature.
When it works, it's pretty awesome. If you need more details, please let me
know. I'd be happy to share.
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 952.241.7369
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of judy webb
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 9:27 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Dragon dictating system
Has anyone had any experience with the Dragon dictating system? Pro's or
Thanks for your opinions
John Peter Smith Hospital
Fort Worth Texas
Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Visit our website at http://www.nchmd.org
This email and any files transmitted with it are from the NCH Healthcare System.
This message is confidential and is intended only for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please call us
immediately at (239) 436-5000 and ask to speak to the message sender or promptly
email the message sender of the delivery error and then delete the message.
More information about the Histonet