[Histonet] Robotic Prostatectomy

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 11:51:25 CDT 2009

And your problem will not be solved unless the prostates, after being inked, are cut in half before placing them in the fixative. I do not see any problem in cutting in half a properly inked prostate to assure proper fixation and subsequent processing.
René J.

--- On Wed, 9/2/09, Phyllis Thaxton <dchihc <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Phyllis Thaxton <dchihc <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Robotic Prostatectomy
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 11:26 AM

For the first time here, we have Urologists using the robotic method for removing prostates. The PA always receives them fresh, inks them, then puts the whole prostate in alcoholic fixative (currently Zfix from Anatech). The next day they are grossed in and processed.  The prostates we have received lately are raw in the middle and unable to be grossed in, whereas before they were fine.

Has anyone had similar experiences?
 Phyllis Thaxton HT(ASCP)QIHC
DCH Regional Medical Center
Tuscaloosa, AL