AW: [Histonet] Biopsy fixation

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sun Nov 29 04:18:52 CST 2009

Nate,
I think you have confused the persons. I'm the one, who recommended longer
fixation and Kris had made the original question.

Regards
Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Nathan
Jentsch
Gesendet: Samstag, 28. November 2009 23:36
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: AW: [Histonet] Biopsy fixation

Gudrun
I work in a dermatopathology lab, and we don't see any issues leaving our
specimens in 10% NBF for days at a time.  We don't work on the weekends, so
any specimens that are grossed remain on our processors in NBF from Friday
at 8:00 PM until about 5:30 PM on Sunday.  I also agree with Kris that 4
hours of fixation is not long enough to ensure proper fixation unless they
are shave biopsies.

Nate