[Histonet] Proficiency test for CLO

Jenkins, Dalena DJenkins <@t> bwmc.umms.org
Tue Nov 24 14:58:57 CST 2009

I am looking for information on whether there is a profiency test needed for resulting CLO tests (rapid urease test for Campylobacter).  At our facility, the Endoscopist inserts the gastric biopsy into the cartridge at bedside and then sends to Histology for the Histology personnel to result after 24hrs.  I have checked the College of American Pathologists website, but did not find a clear cut answer.  I know the test is CLIA waived, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a proficiency test isn't required.
Any information would be helpful.  Thanks.

Dalena Jenkins
Histopathology
Baltimore Washington Medical Center
410-787-4187