[Histonet] cryojane tap transfer system

Nicole Collette collette2 <@t> mail.llnl.gov
Mon Nov 23 12:13:24 CST 2009

Hello, Richard,

I have done some sectioning of undecalcified bone with the Cryojane
(hallelujah! it works! to paraphrase Ms. Callis) and one thing is
that the sections won't cross-link if the tapes or the slides are
being stored in the presence of UV light (then they are
pre-crosslinked!), keep them dark and dry when not using, and don't
take them into and out of the cryostat, only bring in what you need.
I have also found that thicker sections don't crosslink as well, I've
had trouble with sections over 6um (although I am far from am expert
at cryosectioning). Temperature is also somewhat of a factor, I've
found that I would section at colder temperature than I normally
would for that tissue to get it to crosslink well- sounds
counterintuitive, but there it is. This is purely based on my own
trial and error, take it with a grain of salt and good luck.

Sincerely,
Nicole Collette
LLNL/UC Berkeley