[Histonet] Re: Preventing slide labeling mistakes

Ann Lowder ael <@t> unc.edu
Sat Nov 21 16:27:49 CST 2009

Tim,

Labeling mistakes are difficult to fix if you are already not
batch-labeling.  However, sometimes you can help by rearranging how you
put your information on the slide.  For example, we have surgical
numbers like P09-12345, but if you break that number up into two lines
like P09 on the top and 12345 below, there are less numbers to
overlook.  If you have block letters and numbers too like we do, try
putting them on the opposite side of the surgical number.  It is much
easier to catch a mistake in a string of 3 or 4 numbers versus 6 or 7.
Hope this helps.

P09     A
1234    1

Ann Lowder, HT(ASCP)