[Histonet] Acid/Alcohol

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Tue Nov 17 12:55:33 CST 2009

Kimberly

I would make my acid solution up from scratch rather than purchasing from a vendor, that way you will have the flexibility to make up whatever concentration is needed.

LIz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, Colorado 80308
office (303) 682-3949
fax (303) 682-9060
www.premierlab.com

Ship to Address:
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, Colorado 80504

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Poole, Kimberly
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:46 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Acid/Alcohol

Good Morning,

I have a question regarding some histology Methods. I am about to order acid/alcohol and I am not sure why I am using it and what percentage I should get (1%, 5%, 0.5%). I also have a question regarding the staining procedure itself. Our staining procedure has about 27 steps in it and I am wondering if I need to have 27 glass containers for the steps? Thanks for your help!

Kimberly Poole B.Sc

Casualty Management Section | Section de la gestion des blessés

Defence Research and Development Canada Suffield | Recherche et développement pour la défense Canada Suffield

Medicine Hat, AB, Canada T1A 8K6

kimberly.poole <@t> drdc-rddc.gc.ca <mailto:kimberly.poole <@t> drdc-rddc.gc.ca>

Telephone | Téléphone 403-544-5347 / Facsimile | Télécopieur 403-544-4714