[Histonet] Re: amnion tissue

Robert Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 22:55:19 CST 2009

Patsy Ruegg asks about preparation of 3 x 2 inch pieces of human
"amnion tissue".

Assuming that fetal membranes from a term placenta are meant, the
standard way to embed these is by rolling them. There are several ways
to do this. I prefer to cut a strip of the membranes, roll them around
a wooden applicator stick, drive a common straight pin through the
membranes perpendicular (skew) to the stick, pull the stick out, and
cut one or more 5 mm sections of the roll next to the pin. This roll
is placed in a cassette, and subsequently embedded.

On a different topic, Mercè Martí Gaudes at the University of
Barcelona has achieved a first for Histonet - the first post in
Catalan that I can remember. >>Abans d'imprimir aquest missatge, si us
plau, comprova que és realment necessari. El medi ambient és cosa de
tots. "Before printing this e-mail, please make certain it is
absolutely necessary. The environment is everybody's business."<<
Catalan is a language related to Spanish, spoken in Catalonia in
Spain.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN