[Histonet] ASCP Question

godsgalnow <@t> aol.com godsgalnow <@t> aol.com
Mon Nov 9 10:18:25 CST 2009

lRoute 1: Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnician program within the last 5 years prior to the date of application for examination; or
lRoute 2: At least 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of academic credit from a regionally accredited college/university, with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry, or Associate degree from a regionally accredited college/university, with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry, AND one year full time acceptable experience in histopathology in the U.S., Canada or a CAP/The Joint Commission (JCAHO) accredited laboratory within the last ten years under the supervision of a pathologist (certified by the American board of Pathology in Anatomic Pathology), or an appropriately board certified medical scientist.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alyssa Peterson <alyssa <@t> alliedsearchpartners.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Mon, Nov 9, 2009 10:54 am
Subject: [Histonet] ASCP Question

Hello All,
I want to know how hard it is, if possible to become HT ASCP certified with
 background of just having a Bachelor's Degree in Biology. I heard that if
ou have a Bachelor's degree in a life science than you are eligible for
ertification. Is it possible to take the test without going through a
istology program and just having a BS in Biology?
--
Be sure to visit us on the web* www.alliedsearchpartners.com
lyssa Peterson, Director Of Recruitment